Coaches, Parents & Players,
As we begin our 29th summer season we want to thank you for choosing us this summer. We have an excellent turnout with boys and girls teams ranging from 2nd grade to College divisions. The staff has been working hard to get ready and we appreciated the cooperation you have shown in preparing your teams.
We especially feel fortunate to have access to so many air conditioned gyms again this summer. Even though you may have to travel a few minutes more to a gym, the comfort of an air conditioned gym should be worth it to everyone involved.
All schedules were handed out to the coaches or team rep when you picked up your shirts. Please make sure to review them and distribute your game schedule to the parents and players. In a few cases we have been able to accommodate changes to the schedule in the first week and we continue to work on those. We understand that some changes are necessary early in the schedule because of end of school events. However, after the first week we cannot make changes to the schedule. If you do not have enough players for a game, you must contact Kevin at least 48 hours prior to your game. We will then try to replace your team with another team for that game. Please understand that the "domino effect" that this has on the other team's players, coaches & parents along with referees and staff creates a very unfair inconvenience. We thank you for your cooperation.
COACHES GAME MANAGEMENT
Each coach is responsible for bringing 2 basketballs to warm up and a basic first aid kit. Please supervise your players before, during and after the game along with cleaning up the bench area after your game.
We also ask that each player should play at least 10 minutes of the game.
RULES and GAME MANAGEMENT REMINDERS
Just a few reminders on rules and game management:
• Games are 4 ten minute quarters where the clock stops in the last minute of each period.
• Shoot 1-and-1 on the 7th team foul and 2 shots on the 10th team foul
• Each player is permitted 6 personal fouls
• Each team gets 4 time-outs per game and 1 time-out in overtime. Time-outs do NOT carry over into OT.
• There are no 3-point shots in games played on 8 1/2' baskets or if the court does not have a 3 point line.
• The smaller 28.5" ball will be used in all girls games and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th grade boys games.
• All Overtimes for every division will be 2 minutes.
• Full Court Pressing limitations - There is no pressing for 2nd and 3rd grade. In the 4th, 5th & 6th grade games you can press in the last 5 minutes of the game and in OT. However, a team that is winning by 15 points or more cannot full court press (all divisions).
A FEW GYM LOCATION REMINDERS
• Delco Christian Malin Road is the the High School which is located at 462 Malin Road in Newtown Square PA. At the corner of Malin Road & Goshen Road.
• Delco Christian Waterloo Road is the Elementary School (formerly Episcopal Academy Elementary) located at 905 S. Waterloo Road in Devon PA 19333.
• West Chester University Hollinger Field House is located in the middle of the main campus on Church Street. We are NOT playing at the South Campus gyms this summer
And finally, let's all have fun and compete hard with good sportsmanship!!!
Thanks again for your cooperation and we look forward to seeing you at the gym.
If you have any questions, please call 610-431-6397 or email us at email@example.com .
Malvern Basketball League