2022-23 Winter Season
MALVERN LEAGUE Tipping Off AGAIN THIS WINTER !!!!
As some of you are aware, we are currently running our Fall League and we plan to continue with the Winter League.
We have begun planning the Winter League by contacting our usual gym locations and reserving gym time on the weekends starting December 3rd and 4th through late February.
Players should submit their application to their coach by Oct. 7 because team registration deadline is October 15. Even if you (coach) make a verbal or email commitment, all team rosters and coach’s information paperwork must be submitted by October 15 or you will not be guaranteed placement in the league.
- All registration paperwork (which can be found on the “Registration” link on our web site) and fees (see Coach's Registration form) must be dropped off or mailed to Malvern Basketball League, 627 N. Speakman Lane, West Chester, PA 19380. The team fee this season is $1.395, which includes up to 12 players on your roster. Checks should be made payable to “Malvern Basketball League”. A minimum deposit of $500 is required by October 15, with any balance of registration FEES to be paid in full by November 1.
- As a reminder, when filling out the forms, please clearly indicate the team name, the skill level and the gender. Those 3 items seem to be omitted most frequently when we are reviewing applications, so your cooperation is appreciated.
- When determining the skill level of your team, if you have a very strong, competitive team, you may sign up in the next higher grade level. Please note this on the registration form.
- Game Shirts will be dropped of at the gym at your first game (12 shirts per team).
- Game Schedules (10 games) will be distributed around the end of November.
- Additional players (over 12) can be added to the roster up until Dec. 2.
- Games will begin Sat. Dec. 3 and Sun. Dec. 4. Games will be scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays. Just a quick important note ... there will be very little flexibility in the scheduling process and re-scheduling requests.
- There will be NO games scheduled during the Holiday weekends, (Dec. 24 & 25 and Dec. 31 & Jan. 1).
- The Malvern Winter League is strictly a TEAM league. No individual registrations will be accepted.
- The head coach, assistants and team coordinators MUST sign up (web site home page) for our Email distribution list. This is our main means of communication.
- Practice time is the responsibility of each team. Teams arrange practice on their own at various local schools, church facilities or other local gyms, usually once per week. If you need a certificate of insurance for the practice time/facility, please contact our Insurance Agent, Paul McShane by emailing email@example.com.
Projected Gym Sites in Chester County
- Montgomery School in Chester Springs
- Chesterbrook Academy, West Chester
- West Chester East High School
- West Chester Fugett Middle School
- West Chester Rustin High School
- West Chester Peirce Middle School
- Malvern Prep
- ACAC Fitness - West Chester
In Delaware County/Montgomery County/Main Line Area:
- St. Aloysius Academy, Bryn Mawr
- Marple Community Center
- Delco Christian School - Elementary- Waterloo Road
- Sacred Heart Academy, Bryn Mawr
- Armenian Sisters Academy
- St. Faith, Havertown (1st & 2nd grade)
- Liberti Church, Newtown Square (booked for 1st thorugh 3rd grade)
We are always looking for High School or College age students who are interested in earning some extra money being a scorekeeper. Please email or call us if interested.
If you have any questions please call 610-431-6397 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Malvern Basketball League