Coaches Team Registration Form
March Madness - A time for all who love Basketball! Anot not long after the NCAA champs are crowned, The Malvern Basketball League will be gearing up for another fun-filled summer of playing hoops. We are looking forward to another excelled turnout this summer and the anticipation of playing in AIR CONDITIONED facilities.
Coaches, players & parents ask many questions concerning registration, dates, gym sites, schedules, etc. Here is some vital information that may help as you organize your team for The Malvern Summer Basketball League season:
- Registration deadline and a minimum initial payment of $500 are due May 1st with a grace period extended until May 8th. Even if you make a verbal or email commitment, all team rosters and coach's information paperwork must be submitted by May 8th. We will order your shirts and place your team in the scheduling process after we receive the paperwork and initial payment. The balance of any registration fees is due by June 1st.
- All regisration paperwork and fees must be dropped off or mailed to Malvern Basketball League, 627 N. Speakman Lane, West Chester, PA 19380. Checks should be made payable to "Malvern Basketball League." One check for the total team fee is preferred. The team fee is $1,100 (up to 12 players). The fee for any additional players over 12 is $92 per player (up to a maximum of 15 team players). You may add players to your roster after May 1st, but if you do add players, the additional registration fees must be submitted prior to your first game.
- As a reminder, when filling out the forms, please clearly indicate the team name, the skill level and the gender. Those 3 items seem to be omitted most frequently when we are reviewing applications, so your consideration is appreciated. Also, PLEASE REMEMBER THE GRADE LEVEL IS DETERMINED BY THE GRADE THE PLAYERS WILL ENTER IN SEPTEMBER 2016
- When determining the skill level of your team, if you have a very strong, competitive team, you may sign up in the next higher grade level.
- Shirt & Schedule Pick-Up will be at 627 N. Speakman Lane on Sat. June 4th & Sun. June 5th between 2pm and 5 pm each day.
- Game schedules will be handed out to the coaches at the shirt pick-up.
- Additional players can be added to the roster up until your first game, but you must inform Kevin McCarry of the additional players.
- Games will begin June 13th and as usual all games will be played Monday through Thursday evenings. All teams will play a 10 game schedule. This year we will be taking our customary July 4th holiday break between July 1st through July 8th and no games will be played on those days. Games will resume Monday July 11th.
- The Malvern Summer League is primarily a TEAM league but we try to accommodate individuals by "drafting" them on teams that need to fill roster spots. The initial placement of individuals will occur during the Shirt Pick-Up weekend, June 4th & 5th. Coaches who need to fill roster spots will be given available players when you pick up your shirts. Another REMINDER, the team/Coach is responsible for the total team fee of $1,100 even if the coach decices not to select any draft players to fill the roster.
- The head coach, assistants and team coordinators MUST sign up for our email distribution list. This is our main means of communication before and during the season. The Email sign up can be found on the link in the middle of the home page (orange box).
- Regarding practice time for the summer season, coaches usually conduct practices at outdoor facilities and/or driveways prior to the start of the summer session.
Projected Gym Sites this summer:
In Chester County:
- Ss. Simon & Jude (air-cond.)
- Chesterbook Academy, West Chester (air-cond.)
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Patrick - Malvern
- West Chester East High School (air-cond.)
- West Chester Fugett Middle School (air-cond.)
- West Chester Rustin High School (air-cond.)
- West Chester University - South Campus
In Delaware County / Main Line:
- St. Aloysius Academy, Bryn Mawr
- Cabrini College (air-cond.)
- St. Luke's - Malin Road, Broomall (air-cond.)
- Marple Community Center
- Delco Christian Schoo - Waterloo Rd. & Malin Rd.
- St. Anastasia (air-cond.)
- Devon Prep (air-cond.)
- Country Day School of Sacred Heart
Please let us know if there are any other air-conditioned gym sites available in your area.
We are also looking for High School or College age students who are interested in earning some extra money being a scorekeeper. Please email or call us if interested.
If you have any questions, please call 610-431-6397 or email us at email@example.com
Malvern Basketball League