March Madness - A time for all who love Baseketball! And not long after the NCAA & PIAA champs are crowned, The Malvern Basketball League will be getting ready for another fun-filled summer of hoops. We are looking forward to another excellent turnout this summer and the anticipation of playing in Air Conditioned facilities.
Coaches, players & parents ask many questions concerning registration, dates, gym sites, schedules, etc. Here is some vital information that may help as you organize your team for The Malvern Summer Basketball League season:
- Registration deadline and a minimum initial payment of $500 are due May 1st with a grace period extended until May 8th. Even if you make a verbal or email commitment, all team rosters and coach's information paperwork must be submitted by May 8th. We will order your shirts and place your team in the scheduling process after we receive the paperwork and initial payment. The balance of any registration fees is due by June 1st.
- All registration paperwork and fees must be dropped off or mailed to Malvern Basketball League, 627 N. Speakman Lane, West Chester, PA 19380. Checks should be made payable to "Malvern Baseketball League". One check for the total team is preferred. The team fee this summer is $1,140 (up to 12 players). The fee for any additional players over 12 is $95 per player (up to a maximum of 15 team players). You may add players to your roster after May 1st, but if you do add players, the additional registration fees must be submitted prior to your first game.
- As a reminder, when filling out the forms, please clearly indicate the team name, the skill level and the gender. Those 3 items seem to be omitted most frequently when we are reviewing applications, so your cooperation is appreciated. Also, PLEASE REMEMBER THE GRADE LEVEL IS DETERMINED BY THE GRADE THE PLAYERS WILL ENTER IN SEPTEMBER 2017.
- When determining the skill level of your team, if you have a very strong competitive team, you may sign up in the next higher grade level.
- Shirt & Schedule Pick-Up will be at 627 N. Speakman Lane on Sat. June 3rd & Sun. June 4th between 2 pm and 5 pm each day.
- Game schedules will be handed out to the coaches at the shirt pick-up.
- Additional players can be added to the roster up until your first game, but you must inform Kevin McCarry of the additional players.
- Games will begin June 12th and the league will end by July 20th. As usual, all games will be played Monday through Thursday evenings. All teams will play a 10 game schedule. This year we will be taking our customary July 4th holiday break between June 30th thru July 9th and no games will be played on those days. Games will resume Monday July 10th.
- The Malvern Summer League is primarily a TEAM league but we try to accommodate individual players by "drafting" them on teams that need to fill roster spots. The initial placement of individuals will occur during the Shirt Pick-up weekend, June 3rd and 4th. Coaches who need to fill roster spots will be given available players when you pick up your shirts. Another REMINDER, the team/Coach is responsible for the total team fee of $1,140 even if the coach decides not to select any draft players to fill the roster.
- The head coach, assistants nd team coordinators MUST sign up for our Email distribution list. This is our main means of communication before and during the season. The Email sign up can be found on the link in the middle of the home page (orange box).
- Regarding practice time for the summer season, coaches usually conduct practices at outdoor facilities and/or driveways prior to the start of the summer session.
Projected Gym Sites this summer:
In Chester County
- Ss. Simon & Jude (air-cond.)
- Chesterbrook Academy, West Chester (air-cond.)
- West Chester East High School(air-cond.)
- West Chester East Fugett Middle School(air-cond.)
- West Chester Rustin High School(air-cond.)
- West Chester University
In Delaware County/ Main Line
- St. Aloysius Academy, Bryn Mawr
- Cabrini College (air-cond.)
- St. Lukes - Malin Road, Broomall (air-cond.)
- Marple Community Center
- Delco Christian School - Waterloo Rd. & Malin Rd.
- St. Anastasia (air-cond.)
- Devon Prep (air-cond.)
- Country Day School of Sacred Heart
We are also looking for High School or College age students who are interested in earning some extra money being a scorekeeper. Please email or call us if interested
If you have any questions, please call 610-431-6397 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Malvern Basketball League